Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Wine tasting in Spokane

We went wine tasting in Spokane this weekend. Karen is our DC rep for work, and she asked if we could visit some of the wineries in the area, so I made it happen. She only gets to visit about 2 times a year so we need to get a lot in during her visits. We visited 5 wineries, and we had a mini bus to take us around. I think the best part was that 3 of the 5 wineries had complimentary tastings.
Something that really made me laugh was these 2 ladies. There was a group that was going about the same pace as us. They were using the wine maps that our office made as their guide. Then I realized one of the ladies was familiar, she is from the weight watchers meeting that I used to go to.

It could be a sign that I need to watch what I eat...




This was our group - Karen, Cherie & her husband as well as Shannon.

The picture at the bottom left is a bottle tree at Townshend winery. I guess the artist makes and sells these. I didn't check out the price because I figured it was out of my league.







No comments: