Wednesday, October 24, 2007

What's up with the Finnegans? LOTS!

I don't have any pictures to upload right now (too tired to get the camera), maybe later.

Caden has been sick and not sleeping very well. In fact he fell asleep on the way home from daycare yesterday and slept until 10:30pm. At that point he woke up and wanted to play. I was way too tired so Justin got to play. He went to sleep about 11pm and then woke up at 1 am screaming. I got up and fed him a bottle and then he slept until about 5am. He has a cough and doesn't sound good. We gave him a little bit of Tylenol but then learned (thanks mom) that we shouldn't do that it has been recalled. I explained we bought ours in AZ a while ago. It turns out the tylenol is recalled because people are overmedicating their kids, so Tylenol recalled the infant cough drops voluntarily.

Yesterday on my way to work, the rock chip finally gave way in my window. I go the rock chip when we moved to AZ and never had any problems. There are not rock chip people all over in Phoenix anxious to fix your windows either, so I ignored it. After moving back to Washington, my dad reminded me that it would be a good idea to get this fixed before it freezes or else my window might crack. Good idea dad, thanks. So 2 weeks ago I called our new farmers insurance agent and asked how to get it fixed. He added glass coverage for us and said just call the claim number and it's free. Good plan, except I got busy and forgot to call. Yesterday morning I put the insurance info in my purse so I could call while at work. Murphy's law - on my way to work - with my fog lights on and the heater blaring - I heard it crack. Yep, the rock chip had exploded and a giant crack in 2 directions went all the way across my window. Pretty scary while driving. Needless to say, I called Farmers ASAP and got my new window within 4 hours. It only cost me $100, and they replaced my wiper blades too (those were an extra $20) but well worth it. I cannot attach wiper blades to any vehicle I own. I have tried and they tend to fly off in use. Others have tried too (James Malone & sons, Justin, Dad, total strangers) Lets hope this $20 was well spent.

Another item of interest for those of you out there wondering - what's up with fireman Rick? Well, he was just deployed to California for the wildfires. That's right, he is driving a firetruck from Orcas to California. I am sure he arrived tonight, but once he gets there, they have to rest for a bit, then they are sent to the fire. He is thrilled to get to go, my mom on the other hand has been left with his new dog Samantha who apparently is eating everything. The dog actually ate the cover off my dad's book.

Jeannette and Matt are on a cruise that is supposed to land in San Diego tomorrow (Thursday). I am sure it will be re-routed due to the fires. The funny thing about this is they were scheduled to go on a cruise 5 days after Hurricaine Katrina. They couldn't go because the cruise was re-routed a few times, but it seems like the weather doesn't work for their cruise plans.

Speaking of Cruises - We are going on an Alaska Cruise in June. It will be a Gair family reunion (Justin's mom's side of the family). It should be an awesome trip and we are looking forward to it!

I think that is all for now, I will try and take some pictures and upload them soon, but no promises. I should have some halloween pics though.

1 comment:

Jeannette said...

We were able to dock in San Diego no problem. The dock is right downtown and the fires are on the outskirts so it wasn't even an issue.