Sunday, April 20, 2008

Moving trouble...

I thought that we were doing pretty well with our move. We had a plan, and it was executed. Everything was packed and labeled. We even had a barbecue when my brother came the following weekend. Things were looking good, then I went to blog. Amazingly enough, I cannot find the camera. We have taken some pictures, just nothing in the last week. I thought it was on the kitchen table. It's not. Well, that is just how it goes. Here is an update, without pictures, for your reading pleasure.



We moved on 4/6. It was also the same day as Charlie's (my nephew) birthday party. We moved in the morning and then went to the party in the afternoon. My dad flew in for the party and we begged him to help. (it didn't take much begging, he's a pretty great dad) My mom watched Caden during all of the heavy lifting. It took 3 trips with the U-haul, but 98% of our stuff is here. The other 2% is at the townhouse still. We have been very dilligent in unpacking and our main living area is very livable. The guest room is still boxes. If we have a guest coming, let us know so we can focus on that please.



The week after the move, Caden had some diarrhea, which we counted towards moving, until I got the stomach flu and Justin too. Then we decided, he might have something worse. He also got two back teeth on his right side, so sleeping wasn't that great for him either. This last week has gone well, we got a new fridge.



We also applied for our passports so we can go on the Alaska cruise. That's right, everyone got a passport. Even Caden. I filled out the application 3 times. We pre filled out our applications, but the govt updated the forms, so we had to do new ones. Oh yeah, my passport is expired, more than 2 years ago, so I had to do a new form again. The 3rd time is a charm, fingers crossed.





On a side note: This is Caden's chance to be a model. Our friend Jen Fox was in town and she took lots of pictures of Charlie and Annie. She was able to get this photo of Caden and we love it since it shows his teeth. Thanks Jen (her site is on the right - be still)

Jen takes amazing pictures. She was our wedding photographer and just keeps updating her skills!

Well, I am off to look for the camera. Let's hope I find it soon, we are going to napa for the weekend. I would love to have it for the trip!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

I've been thinking of you and wondering how the move went. Glad to hear you are getting settled. Looking forward to pic of the new house. Caden is darling!!