Sunday, August 10, 2008

A quick trip to Orcas for the fourth of july

I am finally able to upload some pics again! We went to Orcas for the 4th of July to hang out with my family. My sister's family came too. It was so fun for my parents to have all the grandkids in the same place, even if it was for just a short visit. We tried to get a picture of everyone looking at the camera. After 6 takes, this one has 3 people looking my way. Caden prefers to touch Annie and say baby. My dad and Justin went Crabbing. I think they only got 3 crab, which isn't that bad, except the next week my brother got something like 22. Hopefully next year we can get a lot of crab. We wanted Caden to hold the crab up, but we figured he might throw it. Don't worry, it's already cooked so it couldn't pinch him.
This is Caden riding the exercise bike. My parents found this at a garage sale. It looks like it has brakes, but it's actually the gears. Caden wanted to climb this every morning.
Another exciting part of the weekend, Caden got to be in the parade. He rode on the Orcas Fire truck. It was pretty fun. There was actually a big fire on the island the night before, and the truck was parked too close to the fire, so the lights melted and the windshield cracked from the heat. That truck couldn't be in the fire. Caden did well until he saw us. Then he teared up a bit.
We even had a celebrity guest at the pancake breakfast. Governor Gregoire stopped by to meet & greet everyone. My dad made her flip some pancakes. Very exciting to be on Orcas for the weekend.

No comments: