Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Random things I do at work

Today while getting my presentation ready at work, I needed to show how much of a walking city Spokane can be. So I found a pedometer and went to work at walking the distances between hotels & the convention center, as well as the mall. Overall I walked about 3,000 steps. That is less than a 1/3 of the steps you are supposed to walk in a day. So the end result is - You don't have to walk too far to go anywhere in Downtown Spokane. You can even walk to Nordstroms. How many downtown areas can say that... (Seattle & Portland - yes, Phoenix & Denver - no)

The other cool thing I found when researching walkability is a website called walkscore. you type in your address to find how walkable your neighborhood is. Spokane got an 84, which is very walkable. It's pretty cool to see what comes out.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

But wait...is that fair? Downtown Phoenix doesn't have a Nordstrom. Downtown Scottsdale does and I actually CAN walk to it from work! :) Maybe we're not so bad after all...