Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Tagged by Emily

Thanks Emily for this tagged feature. Here's my life in a blog shell...


20 years ago
Well that would be 1988, making me 11 and just starting 6th grade at Whatcom Middle School. Sixth grade - Let's see here, I was very cool. I made the all star team for the basketball intermurals after playing in 1 other game. It was a popularity contest, I won. I was friends with Trisha Rosenberg and we liked to listen to Guns & Roses. I also had a crush on Shane Kibler. The last thing that made me really cool was I played the clarinet. :)


10 years ago
Well that would be 1998, making me 21. I will give you 1 guess what I was doing. It would have been my junior year at WSU, and living in the sorority. I was probably taking math 202 for the second time - hate that class, and working on my hotel restaurant major. I also had just finished the first summer of working at Rosario. Which by the way was just auctioned for the low price of 5.7 million dollars to a buyer to be named later. Wow, 10 years ago, Brianna was my roommate at the cabin.


5 years ago
Well that would be 2003, making me 26. I would have just started dating Justin (my husband now). We would have been watching the Major League Baseball playoffs with the Hornbrooks, and when the Red Sox didn't make it, there were some tears. I was working at the Grand Hyatt Seattle, my 3rd Hyatt in 4 years, and having fun living in Seattle. I lived above the Blue Star grill in Fremont, and was very skinny courtesy of weight watchers and a lot of hard work. My sister would have just gotten engaged and my brother would have also just gotten engaged. Oh yeah, and Anne & I walked around Green Lake on Tuesdays.


3 years ago
That would have been 2005, making me a newlywed. We were living in Phoenix, settling in to our first home and making big plans for the future. I was at the Hyatt Regency Phoenix as a convention services manager. We had just gotten Rocky our second Rat Terrier.


1 year ago
We had just moved to Spokane and I had been working at the CVB for 1 month. Caden was 8 months old and army crawling around the townhouse. He was not sleeping through the night, which made it hard on us. We were living in my parents town house, waiting for our house in Phoenix to sell.

Today (Saturday)
I went to Weight watchers (trying to lose weight again), I lost 1 pound. Went on a walk, went to the library, had our sprinklers blown out, and played with Caden. I also read Caden about 20 books today, and we watched Thomas the train only 1 time! Yes!

Tomorrow (Sunday)
Get up at 6am when Caden wakes me up, make coffee, read the paper, go on a walk with my sister and Brenda. Maybe go to the park and let Caden play if it's not raining.

1 year from now
I am not sure what I will be up to. I am sure that I will still be working at the CVB, selling Spokane. Hopefully I will have made my goal weight by then for Weight watchers and I will be a lifetime member. We shall see.

Any of my blogging friends, you should do this too. It's surprising what you think of when you look back at these milestones.

1 comment:

melcollette said...

Charlita- I LOVE IT! I may have to copy you yet again so stay tuned. I am proud of you for the weight watchers thing- that is something I definitely need to do!