Thursday, December 18, 2008

We still have a blizzard!

I took some pictures to put our day into perspective of how snowy it is. On first glance, you may think that this snow pile is from shoveling. It's not. That is our "feeding reindeer" christmas light buried in the snow there. We most likely have 2 feet of snow here.

The snow is deeper than my car wheels! Oh yeah, the Ford Escape is challenged in the snow, but the Xterra (2WD) is out of commission. Justin's car is at least back in our driveway now after his snow driving mishaps.





This is Caden liking the snow. He had fun touching it with his mittens on. When we got back from dropping Justin near the bus route, Caden had a bit of a spill in the snow and screamed for a while once we got back inside. Maybe if Justin ever get's to come home from work, we could go sledding......

Sidebar - Many businesses and offices are closed in Spokane today. The city offices, the federal courthouse, the schools, even kindercare which never closes is closed. Justin's boss calls him to come in early. In fact, his boss couldn't get to work, so his brother delivered him. Justin called when he got there - at 11:15am. He said he wasn't sure how he would get home. I asked who was there - the 2 owners and him. He definitely is employee of the year if I get a vote. :) When he does get to go home, there is only 1 city bus coming north, so when it drops him off, he will have to walk over a mile to get here. I don't think the escape can venture out again to get him.
The good news is, my office is closed today so I am not worried that I am not doing work today. I think I will go work on cleaning my house now!
Oh I almost forgot - yesterday it took me 2 1/2 hours to get home from work. I left work at 4:15 and got home at 6:45pm. I took the bus since it was snowing when I left in the morning. I figured that the bus would be the safest and best option. Well, I waited for the bus for 1 1/2 hours. All that time stressing about if I would make it to Kindercare by 6:30pm. After talking with my sister about 4 times about the various conditions, Matt (her hubby) put on his coat and gave the roads a try. He made it to Kindercare and they gave him a quiz to see if he was really allowed to pick up Caden. Caden was the deciding vote when they said "Caden look who is here" He said "Matt!"
Thank you Matt & Jeannette for saving my hide again! I read your post and if I could deliver you milk I would. We have 2 gallons in our fridge...




4 comments:

Jeannette said...

I told Matt we should have asked you to bring us milk when you came to get Caden last night but he said your day was long enough and you didn't need to be stopping on our behalf. I should have insisted. I made Charlie a scrambled egg with half and half this morning...

melcollette said...

Burrr!!! I love being snowed in!!! I know it's probably getting old at this point. Do you have to go to work?

Anonymous said...

Crazy snow! We went to the Seahawks game on Sunday, but other than that I haven't left the house in a week.

Merry Christmas
Anne

Emily said...

I like this snow business...you blog more! :) Merry Christmas!