Sunday, March 29, 2009

Working in Washington DC

I have been to Washington DC for 2 weeks out of 3 weeks. I am a happy to be home. We had a great trip for work and met up with the Hartford CT CVB and the Madison WI CVB and did some dinner events and sales calls during the 2nd trip. The first trip was for a trade show. During the second trip, I feel like we mostly ate and talked. Not a lot of healthy eating and not a lot of exercise.... Below is a group of us at dinner one night. My boss Keith is at the bottom left. This picture does not do this dessert justice. We went to bucca di beppo and I wanted to have a little tiramisu. This is what I got - a serving bowl with serving spoon. Don't worry, I had a few bites and shared most of it.

The rest of the pictures are not in order, but we were able to do some sightseeing on the last day. It was a whirlwind of site seeing and really cold outside.

This is Arlington Cemetary, below.




This is the back of the Lincoln Monument from Robert E Lee's house at Arlington Cemetary.

Another shot of Arlington Cemetary.
The Lincoln Monument - notice my ear warmers. It's about 35 degrees out. When we arrived in DC it was 70 degrees.

This is a picture of the back of the capital building. That is where the inauguration took place and the grass area was still a mess.

The Washington Monument - we didn't go in this time, just walked by.

We also went to the Smithsonian Museum of American History. We saw the orignal star spangled banner on display along with a lot of school groups. I really like that these museums are free. At least I know where some of my tax money is being spent and it's a worthy cause. I hope to be able to squeeze in some other museums on future visits. We will see what the schedule brings me. Next trip to DC is in September.




No comments: