Sunday, September 30, 2007

A typical night for Caden

Now that we are in Spokane, we really miss the doggy door. When I get home from work each day, the circus begins. I get Caden all bundled up, put him in the stroller, get the dogs on a leash, and then we set out. Our dogs can't just go to the bathroom anywhere, they have to find the perfect spot. Then we head home. This is Caden when we are taking the dogs on a walk. We got him a hat and he is wearing one of his sweaters knit by Grandma Irene.
After walking the dogs, it's time to eat. Caden usually has some sort of Vegetable & meat combination in a jar with Rice cereal added. He likes it pretty well. You can kind of see his tooth in the picture. I will work on getting a good tooth picture.

This was yesterday's experiment. I decided to let Caden help feed himself. We suctioned the bowl to the tray, I gave him a special spoon with a looped handle and then I fed him with another spoon. As you can see, this made a huge mess, but he had fun. The funniest thing he did was submerge his hand into the whole bowl of carrots. When he took his hand out, he wiggled each finger and was very surprised to see that there was food on it. Pretty entertaining to feed this guy.

After he eats, then he gets a bath and goes to bed. Bedtime is getting better since he is so tired, he doesn't really fight it anymore. He goes to bed around 7pm each night. Once he is down, I get to make myself something and get prepped for the next day.

I go to Sacramento on Monday and will be back late Wednesday. I will miss the little guy, I know he will learn something new while I am gone. Justin will be on his own with the little guy, so I am sure that will be fun for him.

No comments: