Monday, February 16, 2009

Not trying to slack, but it's beyond my control

I am not trying to slack on the blog, it's just beyond my control right now. Our camera battery doesn't last very long right now, and apparently I am too cheap to buy another. So, I just have to charge it before I use it. Then it has no power to upload. Maybe tonight I will get some pics up. Until then, here is what is going on with us.

Caden had a great birthday party last weekend. Justin made a pirate ship cake and we had some friends over to celebrate. Caden had fun with all the little ones that came over. Cousin Charlie had to come later (like 10 minutes before the end of the party). He was sick.

Caden had his 2 year check up and is growing as he should. His weight was around 29 pounds and I don't know what his height was. I didn't take him to the doctor appt, Justin did.

Work is a bit stressful these days. 2 sales managers have been let go for not making their numbers. Thankfully right now I am making my numbers. But with that, I do not want to be missing any work if I can avoid it. Justin's job is slow going. With people tightening their belts on spending, surprise surprise, they are not going out to eat, which means, Justin works less.

Caden is still at Kindercare and really likes it. He is surprising us with all sorts of things. We don't know if we are teaching him things or kindercare or both. For instance, he knows his name and says Caden Finnegan. He also know many colors (red blue yellow green pink and purple) He does confuse some, but is learning. He also knows some letters thanks to his alphabet talking magnets. He knows "D" is for Dad, "M" is for Mom, "A" is for Annie and "Q" is for Quincy. He also likes to torment our dogs, which we are working on this since that is not nice.

Caden has a naughty spot if he is bad he gets a warning and if he does it again, he goes to the naughty spot. He hasn't been there in a while, so that is good. The doctor told Justin that his room cannot be a naughty spot. That is his safe haven. A little disappointing since Justin wanted to send him to his room when he is bad.

That's all to report for now. :)

No comments: