Friday, January 12, 2007

37 weeks today - 3 weeks left

So I am at 37 weeks now, that means 3 weeks left until the due date. I know that everyone wanted to see just how big my stomach is so I have obliged. As you can see, it's like having a basketball attached to you. Normal things just got a bit harder. For instance, getting up from a chair is hard. Once you get up, your stomach weighs you down. Walking - that is something I can still do, but I am real slow. I also am waddling quite a bit. But I guess that is normal. Getting out of bed it tough too, especially since you have to get up about 5 times each night to go to the bathroom.





I had my doctor's appt on Tuesday. I am 1 -2 centimeters dialated. That means I could have the baby tomorrow, or I could stay dilated like this for a few weeks. We will see what they say after this Tuesday's appt.



The baby's room is all ready, we have installed 1 car seat base so far, the other will be installed this weekend. We are packing the hospital bag too so we will be ready.

The other excitement for this week was our trip to the emergency room. Justin caught some sort of stomach virus and at 3 am on Thursday morning, he let me know that he needed to go to the emergency room. He had been sick for about 8 hours straight at that point and no liquid would stay down. After 2 hours and 2 IV's, we were discharged. Pretty wild that our 3am ER visit was for Justin and not this pregnant lady.

2 more days and I am in the clear to not catch the virus. Let's keep our fingers crossed because I definitely can't deal with that right now.

No comments: