Wednesday, January 31, 2007

The Home Stretch

So Today was my last doctor's appointment. The doctor cannot believe that I haven't gone into labor yet. I am 4 cm dilated - might be too much info for some, but at 10 cm is when you push. So basically I am almost halfway there.

I have been scheduled to be induced on 2/7 - Next Wednesday. Basically starting at Midnight on Tuesday 2/6 the hospital can call at any point to say "come in, your room is ready for you to be induced." I guess it's like being on call.

My feeling is that once I actually go into labor, It will be somewhat quick.

Today was my last day of driving to work. I still have 2 days of work left, but Justin is now done working until March 3, so he will take me and pick me up for the next 2 days.

My feet are now swollen too. This is the first time this has happened, but today I looked at my foot and it is like a block, with no ankle. I guess I can be thankful that today is the first day of swelling. I know a lot of people are swollen for a while.

Well, I have to go back and lay on the couch now with my feet up. We will keep everyone posted.

1 comment:

Lori said...

4 cm?!!! I was having very uncomfortable contractions for 24 hours and when I went to the hospital I was a whole "almost one" cm. It took another 8 hours before I was able to get the epidural - you could get yours now if you wanted... :) Remember to have fun once you do go into labor - it's a crazy experience!
- Lori (Dyk)