Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Life at 35 weeks

35 weeks have passed already! Each week I think I am as big as I can get, and then I just keep getting bigger. Last week at the doctor, they told me I had to remove my belly button ring. The nurse said that I am just going to keep getting bigger and it could passibly rip my stomach. Well we don't want that, but removing it is easier said than done. It turns out, I have never been able to remove the ring. So my solution - go to the professionals! So I went to the piercing parlor and they had to use a tool to remove it. But now, my stomach is belly ring free. Since then, my belly button has also been stretched. It's not to the limit yet, but getting there.

From now on (starting next week) I will have weekly doctor appts. Every Tuesday morning I go to the doctor and they check to see how I am doing. I think it's more of the same, check the blood pressure, my weight and the baby's heartbeat.

Other exciting events that have happened - Justin graduated from Daddy boot camp and we finished the birth basics and breathing class. We practiced our breathing. I am feeling good about that. We also tried using the birthing ball, which is like 2 yoga balls fused together. I think I will request it when it's time for the main event.

Our next task is the birth plan. We will be writing that today. The plan is to hold off of the epidural for as long as possible and not have a c-section.

The other big task to start on is daycare. Who knew, the baby is not even here yet and we already have to start looking for daycare. The places fill up very fast and we need to make a reservation for April for our little baby.

Lots of changes going on.

2 comments:

Jeannette said...

We never got the birthing plan written but my nurses at the hospital made fun of couples who make birthing plans. They said it's always the couples that are ultra prepared with their plans that have things go wrong. It's like a jinx or something...just saying.

Unknown said...

I decided that since there will be a lot going on, it may be better to have something in writing. They told us, write the birth plan but be flexible. We are both stretching so we can be flexible. :)