Saturday, April 07, 2007

Getting Ready for Daycare


These pictures are of Caden being a hip hop star - his "hat" - is made from one of his burp cloths. It doesn't take much to entertain us.
Daycare is fast approaching for Caden. We have 9 days to go and we will be in Spokane for most of them. I didn't realize how much preparation goes into this. We need to have a schedule for him to give them. The current schedule is - feed him about every 2 hours, unless he is crying then feed him right then. Nap time - whenever Caden feels like closing his eyes - which is never. I don't think that will fly.


We talked to the doctor about naps. He suggested putting Caden in the swing at a certain time 2 times a day and call that nap time. Yesterday was the first day - He took a 1 hour nap in the morning and a 3 hr nap in the afternoon. Justin will be in charge of the morning nap, so we have to make sure Caden is awake by 11am so he can go to daycare. Today we had a 1 hour nap at 9:30am and another nap starting at 1:15pm and he is still napping. - Yeah!


Justin is also in charge of making all of the bottles for daycare. This was another question for the doctor. How much should each bottle have since they need to be pre-made, and how many bottles do we make? We are making (3) 4 ounce bottles for him. This should be good for the 7 hours he is there.


This brings up another daycare requirement: Everything must be labeled with the first & last name of the child. Lucky for me, I got a label maker for Christmas, so labeling the bottles is easy. For all of his clothes.... I just ordered iron on labels online since I didn't want to write on everything. The good news is, I don't have to pay shipping. The pacifier is trickier, I don't think making a label will work, and a sharpie won't either. Good thing Lori tipped me off to the personlized pacifier website. We ordered those the other day.

Now, if we can just figure out bedtime, we would have it made.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Did you dress Caden up for Easter? If you did, I sure hope you blog soon... :)

Good luck with daycare on Monday!

Jeannette said...

I'm with Lori, we need a Caden update.