Sunday, May 27, 2007

Going to a wedding

Caden & I went to a wedding last night. It was a friend from work - Angela. Getting ready for something by myself and getting Caden ready was definitely a process. We needed to leave the house by 4pm. So I wanted Caden to take a nap so he wasn't crabby at the wedding. I tried to put him down starting at 1pm, and gave up at 2:30pm. He did not want a nap. After that, I just put him in the peanut shell and got myself ready. By 3:30pm we were both ready and I put him in the car seat. At that point, Caden went right to sleep. So he slept in his carseat until 4:40pm when we got to the wedding. After that he was pretty happy throughout the evening. He even slept for an hour during the reception.

Of course there were some outbursts, and always at the most appropriate times (during the vows and during the toasts). That's OK, I kept him calm and got his diaper changed immediately after the ceremony and toasts.
This is Caden ready for the wedding. It doesn't show off his outfit very well since I had to prop him up, but he looked very cute.
As you can see, Angela was a beautiful bride. Her little boy is 4 weeks younger than Caden, but he was asleep so he couldn't be in the picture.
This is pretty much how Caden and I spent the wedding. Him in the peanut shell checking things out. He spent a lot of time sucking on his hand too. that is his new favorite chew toy, his hand.

1 comment:

Jeannette said...

Wow, he is getting so big! I can't wait to see him in July!