Sunday, May 27, 2007

Shopping at Costco

Caden & I went to Costco yesterday to stock up on some things. We had a list and stuck to it pretty well. As you can see, my car is pretty full. Between waters, paper towels and toilet paper, the car and cart filled up pretty quickly. When I got home I realized that I should take a picture so Justin could see how full the car got.
I guess when the family gets bigger someday, we will need a bigger car. I thought for sure when I bought the Escape 3 years ago, it would work out for the long haul.

Don't worry Jeannette, even though we do go to Costco a lot, we don't always buy this much stuff. :)

The best purchase yesterday was the new lightbulbs. I bought 2 packs of the energy saver lightbulbs and the power company had a rebate on them, so I got 8 light bulbs for $14.00. Not a huge bargain, but I think we will see it on our power bill. Anything we can do to conserve power down here in the summer (and year round) is a good plan. Our power bill our first summer went from $85 in March to $212 in July. That was a shocker when we got that in the mail.

1 comment:

Jeannette said...

1 word for you: van

They're so practical I just can't sing their praises enough (aside from the bad gas milage of course).