Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Some cruise pictures

This is us as we are departing Seattle. It was beautiful this day. Actually the only day of sun on the cruise. This was our evacuation drill. This was miserable for Caden since his life jacket was actually a mummy suit. His arms are zipped inside. He screamed the whole time! What a start to the cruise! We just unzipped him and held onto him for the sake of us and everyone around us.
After our day trip to Sitka, Caden fell asleep in the back pack. I asked someone to take our picture. Justin, his mom, sister and others were out on a whale watch cruise - no pictures to show since I had the camera. They did see 1 humpback whale and lots of birds. While we were in Sitka, Caden & I and his great grandparents went shopping. (Great Grandpa waited outside for us) While we were in the 3rd shop, I got a little too close to a display case and Caden reached out to grab the trinkets. Lucky for us, they were wood carvings, and not crystal or it would have been an expensive day in Sitka.
This is just a picture of some scenery from the boat. The mountains were huge!
These are the killer whales I saw while Caden & Justin were napping. I was just sitting on a deck, reading my book when someone says, "I think I see Orca whales. But they are not killer whales. " Don't worry, I let them know that they are killer whales and that they were Orcas. I didn't even have to go on an official wildlife cruise to see this either!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Glad you are back to blogging...we missed you! :)