Wednesday, November 28, 2007

It's officially Cold!

Winter has arrived! It actually arrived on Monday night! It snowed about 3 inches on Monday night, so it took us an hour to get to work on Tuesday due to the snow on the roads and the large amount of people on 1 road. Lucky for me, my dad is in town and he shoveled my car out of the snow and scraped my windows too!

The Escape did well in the snow, after a few years of being away, we didn't forget what to do in the snow! Although I did have a few flashbacks to the supertrooper sliding into the highway divider. That was 10 years ago, which is extremely hard to believe. I only know it was 10 years ago, because it was right before the rose bowl.

With the snow, I am not fully prepared. It's like I didn't believe it was really coming. I don't have snow boots yet, but lucky for me, my mom has a pair here that I can wear. I also couldn't find my gloves, hat & scarf, so I bought new ones about 3 weeks ago. (we found the gloves, hats and scarves on Sunday, so now I have back-up).

Caden doesn't really know about snow yet, but our dogs don't really like it. Their feet get cold, maybe we need to get them some shoes. We only have 1 Christmas decoration out right now, and since it has started snowing again, I don't think any decorations will be added tomorrow.

On a side note, Justin is really liking his job and is having fun. I too am loving my job. The change has been good for both of us. Sadly, our house is still for sale in Phoenix. Let's make that our Christmas wish - sell that house!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

We miss you in AZ! I hate to tell you I am still wearing short sleeves and flip flops! Although there is nothing better than being close to family...so enjoy!!