Monday, May 05, 2008

Bloomsday 2008

Every year in Spokane, the first Sunday in May, there is a run. It's called Bloomsday. Many people participate in this every year. Some say that you are not a local until you do it. So, in my quest to become a spokanite, Jeannette convinced me to sign up with her. The morning of the race, she got sick, so I went without her. Here I am, ready to go on Sunday morning. I have my number on and had a great breakfast. I am hydrated and ready to walk the 7.46 miles. Oh boy, I was tired at the end. There is not an after picture because I couldn't even move at that point. My official results are: time 2 hours 17 minutes. I estimated 2 hrs 15 minutes, so not too shaby. Bloomsday gives you other rankings too: I finished 30,583 out of 42,697 overall, I finished 336 out of 459 in the category of 31 year old females, but my favorite stat is this: I finished 3rd out of people with the same last name. (there were only 3 of us, and I finished 3rd) Funny thing is, there was a man with the same last name who finished in 2hrs 15 minutes. I guess that I will try to beat him next year!

It was fun, but I am very tired and sore. When I got home, I crashed on the couch. Caden jumped on me, but that's ok. you can call me a Bloomie now!

No comments: