Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Fun at the Torchlight Parade

Caden seems to like the parades, so we went to another one. We should have gotten there a bit earlier if we wanted to sit on the curb. Little did we know, but people put their chairs out the night before. We just picked a spot where we could see and I put Caden up on my shoulders. Justin was working, so he watched the parade on TV. Jeannette and Charlie were with us. We enjoyed the bands and the princesses. On the way to the parade, we asked Charlie what we will see at the parade. After listing off the instruments in a band, he also said we would see lions and tigers. We thought that was a circus. We were wrong. One of the high schools has a tiger for their mascot. So Charlie was right, we saw a tiger.

Jeannette and I had some good laughs about our days in the parade. Her blog refers to her nerd days in the band playing the drums. I was nerdier and played the clarinet. I ditched that after middle school, but do remember the parade practice with Mr Blank. He made us practice the corners a lot. Don't worry, in high school I still got to be in the parade, I was behind the band as part of the flag team. It was glorious! No pictures of that online, but maybe we could find one. :)

No comments: