Tuesday, May 27, 2008

New Discovery - the broom

Well, I thought I would be ambitious and sweep the floor last night. Wrong. I guess I don't normally sweep when Caden is around - usually this is a naptime activity. Well, he really wanted the broom. I am a softie, so I gave him the broom. What happiness! He just pushed it around for about 5 minutes. Here he is running full speed ahead. Notice he leads with his chest/stomach. It's pretty funny to watch.
Caden is very accident prone, I am not kidding. This weekend, he had a few bumps and bruises in what I am sure is the beginning of a lot more climbing and crashing. He actually pulled a lamp from a dresser into his pack & play. Thank goodness it didn't break or it would be a new lamp for the Rings and a trip to the ER for us. After that bruise, Caden bonked his head on the wall, tripped and fell many times, and even climbed up a chair to the window sill. Oh yeah, He also stuck an entire walnut - shell & all - in his mouth and then smiled.

As one friend pointed out to me, this could be a great weight loss gimick - chase the toddler! I wonder what he will find on the cruise ship? Good thing there will be 8 of us to chase him. I think we will need all the help we can get.

Some new tricks that Caden has up his sleeve:

He can say 6 words - mama (new 5/25), eye (5/25), uh oh, dada, "bobbi" (we don't know what that is, we are calling it his imaginary friend) and down

He can also point to his cheek when he says eye (at 15 months, what do you expect)

He also knows how to play "so big" and ring around the rosy.

He also brings us his sweatshirt to put on, and usually wants to go to daycare when that is on.

He is talking to himself when he opens a book, I think he is imitating me reading to him. His official check-up is coming up in 2 1/2 weeks, so we will have his height & weight stats then.

1 comment:

Jeannette said...

I love how you always put up like 30 posts in one day and then don't post for like a month.

Cute pictures.