Saturday, February 17, 2007

No Sleep? No problem

Sleep is becoming a foreign concept to us here at the Finnegan household. Justin and I are excited if we get 2 hours in a row of sleep. We are taking turns getting up. If it's around feeding time (every 2 1/2 hours) I get up, anything else, it's Justin. This is working for this week, but we are both very tired. I actually was able to take a nap today for a few minutes, 20 minutes actually. I definitely needed the power nap.

This was Justin's discovery at 4am - Our baby Einstein chair. It's meant for him to be entertained, but works well to turn it on vibrate and Caden will calm down.

We have also learned that if he is crying, there are only a few things that it could be: he's hungry, he's got a dirty diaper, he's hungry, he has some gas, or he's hungry. Since he is breastfeeding, I handle the hunger cries and Justin handles the other ones. - Breastfeeding could be a whole other blog. Let's just say that it does not come as natural as everyone would have you believe, but Caden and I are learning the skills. We hope to master the technique soon.

1 comment:

Jeannette said...

Why is it that no one tells you that breastfeeding is so hard and time consuming? How do some moms make it look so easy and appear so well rested when you see them out in public? I feel like I'm just now caught up on my sleep and I stopped breastfeeding 3 months ago!