Sunday, September 07, 2008

A quick trip to Orcas

Last weekend for Labor day we headed to Orcas to hang out with my family and escape Spokane. We had a blast. Justin & my dad went Salmon fishing. They didn't catch any salmon, but at least they tried. While they fished, my mom, Caden & I went to the beach. Caden really liked to throw the rocks. I showed him how to throw the big ones in for a splash.

We also sat in the grass by cabins. Two of the girls from another cabin that were there, around 9 years old, showed Caden how to do a summer sault. That was fun to watch. He is now doing them at home too. Caden also had fun playing with Quincy.
This picture had to be part of the post for many reasons. My mom has a box of Tinker toys, Lincoln Logs and assorted other wooden toys that she has saved forever. They were actually my uncle's when he was little, so lets say they are around 65 years old. They were a hit. My dad, Justin and Caden built lots of things during the weekend with them.

Also I just noticed that my dad's getting a little thin on top. At least he's got a round head. I can remember that my Grandpa Alfred had a round head like that. Sorry Pete, It looks like this could be your future.

No comments: